|A postpartum doula’s support may include any of the following:
- Physical comfort measures for mother and baby
- Breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle nursing education
- Infant care education (including bathing, feeding, and safety education)
- Safe sleeping education
- Babywearing information & tutorials
- Parenting information, resources & referrals
- Light food preparation
- Light housework
A postpartum doula does not:
- Transport any member of the family.
- Provide care for any child without a parent in the home.
- Perform medical tasks such as tests or examinations, or prescribe treatments.
- Diagnose medical conditions.
- Provide psychological counseling.
- Perform major housework.