WHAT IS A BIRTH DOULA?
A doula is a trained professional who provides emotional, physical, and informational support to a woman during her pregnancy, the birth of her child, and just after the birth. Doulas do not perform clinical tasks, like fetal heart tone assessment or cervical examinations.Mothers who are supported by a doula during pregnancy and birth tend to have lower rates of medical interventions during their labors, including assisted deliveries and cesarean births. They also tend to feel more bonded with their newborns, and their babies tend to breastfeed longer and more exclusively.
Olive Branch Doula offers the following package as standard. If you require more prenatal or postpartum services, we further discuss that at the consultation or a prenatal visit.
- Free Consultation/Interview- get to know each other and you will decide if you feel I would be a good addition to your support team.
- 2 prenatal visits in your home or location of your choosing, where we go over birth preferences, options, comfort measures
- Birth Plan counseling
- Hands-on comfort measures practice (please have your birth partner attend this visit, if you have one, so we can work as a team)
- Available from 8AM-8PM for phone/email support from contract signing to 38 weeks
- On-call 24/7 support from 38 weeks gestation to birth -if birth happens before 38 weeks, I will still try to be there, but it may depend on my schedule with family and other clients.
- Continuous on-site labor/birth support from when you call me in, to 1-2 hrs after birth
- Complimentary labor/birth photography, if desired, time permitting. Disc of edited photos will be given at postpartum appointment.
- Breastfeeding support as soon after birth as possible, if you plan to breastfeed
- 1 postpartum visit in your home
*$150 deposit due at contract signing to hold your spot, remainder of fee due by 37 weeks
If you live or will be birthing outside the Wainwright area there is a travel fee added.
I’m willing to work out a payment plan so that all women who seek my services can have a doula.
I offer discounts for clients who are teen moms, single moms and military.